Ingredients For Plaice with White Wine:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds [680 g to 1 kg] plaice fillets
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] thyme
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter, melted on ‘HIGH’ for 1 minute
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] paprika
- 1 cup [250 mL] white wine
See also Milk-Poached Fish
Directions For Plaice with White Wine:
Arrange fish fillets, rolled or not, side-by-side into a microwave-safe dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons [30 mL] butter for 1 minute on ‘MAXIMUM’; pour over fish.
Mix together mushroom slices, minced green onion, salt and pepper, bay leaf and thyme; sprinkle over fish.
Mix together breadcrumbs, melted butter and paprika; sprinkle over fish.
Pour white wine all around, not over, fish.
Microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’, sprinkling fish with cooking juices after 5 minutes.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Franchesca Pizza & Pasta.